Labels

Sunday 9 September 2012

Acquaintance with the element Water (part 1)

 2010


Artist: Me
Title: Secondary 2 AEP SIA (comic strip)
Type: Water colour
Dimension: A2

This was my first time doing watercolour and I must say it was pretty successful. However, I used the colour pencil type of watercolour, so it was not exactly successful because I have the skills. Anyway, I am satisfied with the end product as each cell in the comic strip was planned meticulously by myself. We were supposed to do a comic strip based on the traits of Singaporeans.  I used my own ideas to link my perception of the topic to the topic. For example, under the topic of 'Being No. 1' (first cell), I chose to depict Singaporeans queuing overnight just so to be the first to buy a popular product.

I feel that comic strips are supposed to have vibrant and vivid colours, so I tried to achieve that quality in my comic strip, which I think was pretty successful!

********************************************************************
Preparatory work in the lead up to the final comic strip


Nerdy character


Vain character


No comments:

Post a Comment