Labels

Sunday 9 September 2012

I am a fan of Rene Magritte


Artist: Rene Magritte
Title: Clairvoyance, 1936
Type: Oil on canvas

I think Magritte was trying to portray his perception of an egg by showing a self portrait of himself painting an egg, but actually he was painting what the egg would become. He was really highly intellectual as he could think of such a creative idea, going one step further than his fellow artists of that era, depicting mystery in its raw form. He could really draw interest of viewers as I was tempted to ask "why?" whenever I see his paintings. I think it is very important that viewers are inquisitive of one's artwork. Only that could ensure that the artist has succeeded in creating art. Art is created with a purpose and the purpose is to intrigue viewers, giving them a penny of the artist's thoughts. I hope I can be like him too.

Magritte was a great artist!

"Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist."-- Rene Magritte

No comments:

Post a Comment