Labels

Saturday 18 August 2012

Affinity with the element Carbon (part 1)

2009


Artist: Me
Title: Still life of nose sculpture
Type: Pencil
Dimensions: 42 cm x 29.7 cm
Date: 2009 (Secondary 1)

I did this during an AEP practical session. I was still improving my skills of drawing with pencil, thus I was not that effective. The form is skewed as I moved when I was drawing it. Also, the tones are not dark enough since I used a 2B pencil, and there is zero variation in the shading, causing the whole drawing to look dull and unfinished.

**********************************************************************************

2009


Artist: Me
Title: Still life of lip sculpture
Type: Carbon chalk
Dimensions:  50 cm x 32 cm
Date: 2009 (Secondary 1)


Artist: Me
Title: Still life of an armchair
Type: Carbon chalk
Dimensions: 50 cm x 32 cm
Date: 2009 (Secondary 1)

I fared pretty well for these two pieces of carbon chalk work, each an A1 grade. However, I thought they did not deserve the mark since they look pretty sketchy and unfinished and have low variations in light and dark tones. I sketched out the shapes of the objects before shading them. Their forms are quite regular since I used a view finder (hand made) to draw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment